Dr. Adam Elmegirab's, Teapot BittersRegular price $18.99
The world's first tea bitters which take inspiration from historic tea and spice trades...
- Nose: Bitter almond with hints of black tea, rose-water and vanilla.
- Taste: Predominant notes of bitter black tea mingle with all-spice, clove, vanilla, creamy hazelnut and a hint of citrus all tempered by a soft sweetness.
Finish: Long bitter almond finish.
Light rum, gin, brandies, whiskies, dry vermouth, dry sherry, genever, lemon, tropical fruit, berries, milk, ice cream, tea, coffee, pineapple, honey, basil, avocado…
Miel y Amargo
- 60ml / 2oz House of Botanicals Maple Old Tom Gin
- 22.5ml / 0.75oz Dry Vermouth
- 3 Dashes Dr. Adam’s Teapot Bitters
- 2 Dashes Honey water (1-1)
Add all ingredients to mixing glass, fill with cubed ice and stir for 15-20 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a quadrant of fresh lemon.
Created by Adam Elan-Elmegirab in 2012
- Orthodox black tea (China)
- Yerba mate (Brazil)
- Dried lemon peel (Spain)
- Ginger root (China)
- Allspice berries (Jamaica)
- Star anise (Vietnam)
- Ceylon cinnamon (Sri Lanka)
- Vanilla pods (Brazil)
- Fennel seed (Italy)
- Green cardamom pods (Guatemala)
- Cloves (Sri Lanka)
- Black peppercorns (Brazil)
- Gentian root (France)
As with most people, tea has been has been prevalent throughout Dr. Adam Elmegirab's life in various forms and its popularity as a cocktail ingredient has soared in recent years due to the versatility and depth of flavour it offers. Combined with tea’s historical relevance as a key ingredient in traditional punches as well as the medicinal background it shares with bitters, and you have the primary motivation for the creation and subsequent launch of Teapot Bitters in 2012.
Ancient tea and spice routes shaped historic civilizations and their impact can still be felt today in tea rooms around the world with beverages such as Masala Chai (Indian spiced milk tea) garnering an ever-growing global fan-base. Formulas for Masala Chai along with Dr. Adam Elmegirab's personal experiences with tea in the United Kingdom and the Middle East provided all the inspiration he needed to create a product unlike any other, which has since gained a cult-like following in every corner of the globe due to their ability in offering a consistent tea flavour to mixed drinks.