Dr. Adam Elmegirab's, Brazilian BittersRegular price $18.99
Celebrating the incredible flavours from the beautiful country of Brazil ...
- Nose: Complex vanilla, almond, cherry, smoke and cracked peppercorns.
- Taste: Warm baking spice, clove, and tonka with hints of sweet coconut, spicy mace and flamed cinnamon.
Finish: Long, spiced and bittersweet with toasted almond throughout.
Aged rum, bourbon, genever, rye whiskey, fortified wines, amari, sweet sherry, oat milks, tropical fruits, cream, caramel, pineapple, cinnamon, chicory, ginger, banana, dandelion, stoned fruits, plum…
- 60ml / 2oz El Dorado 15 year old rum
- 30ml / 1oz Italian vermouth
- 3 Dashes Dr. Adam’s Brazilian Bitters
- 1 Dash Orange Curaçao
Add all ingredients to mixing glass, fill with cubed ice and stir for 15-20 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with fresh orange zest and a cocktail cherry.
- Tonka beans (Brazil)
- Cacao nibs (Brazil)
- Dried coconut (Brazil)
- Black peppercorns (Brazil)
- Fazendo Pantano coffee (Brazil)
- Vanilla beans (Brazil)
- Ceylon cinnamon (Sri Lanka)
- Fennel seed (Italy)
- Mace blades (Indonesia)
- Allspice berries (Jamaica)
- Cloves (Sri Lanka)
- Rhubarb root (China)
- Gentian root (France)
The conversation around terroir in the world of spirits is rarely had and it’s something we’re exploring at The House of Botanicals with our Single Origin series, kicking things off with Brazilian Bitters.
A unique formulation created in 2017, Brazilian Bitters are focus on six key botanicals from Brazil; tonka beans, cacao nibs, dried coconut, Arabica coffee, vanilla and black pepper, with additional botanicals selected for their complimentary flavours and their wide usage in Brazilian food and drinks, helping create aromatics and flavour unlike any other.
In every case possible we intend to source botanicals directly from fair trade suppliers, ensuring money is fed back to the pockets of the farmers and growers of these incredible botanicals.