Dr. Adam Elmegirab's, Aphrodite BittersRegular price $18.99
- Nose: Burnt cacao, anise, vanilla and cinnamon on the nose.
- Taste: Slightly sweet, bitter, with rich nutty chocolate, sweet vanilla, espresso and fruit cake.
- Finish: Long wood-spiced bitter finish with a soft kick of chili.
Aged rum, bourbon, genever, rye whiskey, mezcal, fortified wines, amari, sweet sherry, eggs, cream, caramel, pineapple, cinnamon, chicory, ginger beer, banana, mint, beetroot…
- 22.5ml / 0.75oz Rye whiskey
- 22.5ml / 0.75oz Black Seal rum
- 2 Dashes Dr. Adam’s Aphrodite Bitters
- 22.5ml / 0.75oz Fresh lime juice
- 22.5ml / 0.75oz Orgeat
Shake all ingredients with cubed ice for 10 seconds. Strain into a chilled coupette glass and garnish with a wheel of fresh lime dropped into the drink.
Created at The Pinewood in Atlanta (GA)
- Cacoa nibs (Brazil)
- Fazendo Pantano coffee (Brazil)
- Red chillies (Various)
- Dried ginger root (China)
- Allspice berries (Jamaica)
- Black peppercorns (Brazil)
- Gentian root (France)
Released in the summer of 2011, Aphrodite Bitters epitomises everything that the Dr. Adam Elmegirab’s brand is about: through a modern understanding of flavour I pay homage to the historical usage of bitters and reinterpret them in a way never seen before.
Taking its name from the Greek goddess of sexuality and love, Aphrodite Bitters pays tribute to the original medicinal usage of bitters, with the botanicals selected for this bottling having been chosen for their alleged aphrodisiac qualities, aphrodisiacs being substances that are believed to increase desire. These bitters are compounded to create a complex profile focused on the sensuous flavours of coffee and cacao, supported by an array of botanicals which play off and enhance one another making for an end product that is as intricate as it is versatile.